Thursday, June 18, 2009

Grace

Recently, an ad against over fishing was published in Europe. Nothing extraordinary about it. Just a woman posing with a fish. Unfortunately, it was a NAKED woman with a DEAD fish. I still haven't figured out the correlation between a dead fish and a naked woman, but that's neither here nor there........


The woman was Greta Scacchi ( or however you spell it). Kudos for an almost 50 woman to have the guts to do it, but WHY? I personally don't wear fish scale clothing and I don't know anyone who does. This leads me to believe that she REALLY needs attention and is trying desperately to regain a career that mostly consisted of being in front of a camera with her clothes off. If it's a good cause than, why not pose with a fish on a plate and a fork in your hand? Shock has value but, it also has credibility. Besides, think of the effect that these things will have on others.........especially your children. I'm sure that they love you and say it's "okay" but, deep down, have you thought about the impact your actions may have on them? It's not always about you or trying to ressurect a career that was shaky at best. It does seem to be about how many times you can blame others for your troubles.

Show a little grace, Ms. S.

At one time you may have had to strip in order to get a role but, now you have to strip for an ad?



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what happened to the Greta who not so very long ago,(in among the V-bashing she can never seem to resist of course!) was saying she was now enjoying not being judged on her looks or her body??! So, she can only preserve fish by taking her clothes off....hmmm, I'll have to think about that one (although I'd rather not!)

VDO'obessed said...

I'll give her kudos for doing it naked, because let's admit it, would anyone have given this a second glance if she wasn't naked?

Here's my biggest thing. The fish was DEAD and I thought the goal was to keep the fish ALIVE!!!

If they/she wanted the shock value of having so called celebrities posing naked with fish, why not have them swimming with the fish or something. Some kind of scene where the fish was alive.

As for what her kids think, that's between her and them I'm not gonna speculate on any of that.

The only thing I'm going to say is that in the article they described her son as "gorgeous" and the only description of her daughter that they gave was that her father had "walked" out the family when she was 6 months old. From the pictures you posted I think her daughter deserved a "gorgeous" as well.

And as for how that relationship ended, we'll never really know. But I do wish she would stop bad mouthing her child's father in public. Because to hate/dislike him is to hate/dislike something that is a part of your child.

Jane said...

The press cannot seem to resist throwing that in everytime there is an article on Greta-I think they airbrushed that picture as no one glows like that at 50-its a great photo of Leila with her mum, she looks in equal measures like both of them.

val said...

Given that the fish was a cod, and they are among the most endangered and overfished species of all, I'm pretty disgusted. They now have to breed several years early in order to keep the species going. Evolution in action, but forced by selfish, stupid people.

Anonymous said...

OK, I have never been in that situation but I would think that after so many years and out of respect FOR MY DAUGHTER I would tell them to STOP putting that in articles.

When you get to my age (she's there) you look at people and wish you could have a 2 minute conversation with them which usually goes like this: "Who is important to you? Take a look at what you are saying and doing and how it feels to be that person when you're saying/doing those things? Are they worth getting over your own self-centeredness and changing your behavior?"

Unfortunately sometimes we don't ask ourselves those same questions frequently enough!